Option 1) Send in your fiber and it enters the que. We work fiber in the order it came in. We are currently running about 9-10 months out in processing.
Option 2)We are also offering time slot reservations in addition to our normal first in/first out processing. You can reserve a slot now for whenever you think you will be ready to ship the fiber and then wait to send us the fiber until you are close to your slot date. We are reserving several weeks a month for slots if people are interested or have timelines that they need their fiber back for.
How it works:
· Decide when you want your fiber processed.
· Check with us to see if that period is available.
· Make a $50 deposit to reserve that week. Up to 60 lbs processed in a week. The $50 will be deducted from your processing bill when completed. (If you miss the slot, we will try to fill in with another client but will not refund the $50.)
· Send us the fiber three weeks before your slot. We want to make sure we have the fiber in house and looked at before your window so we can make sure we get through your batch. If we receive the fiber the week before or the week of your slot we cannot get it processed in the time slot you reserved. Washing can easily take a week.
· Our goal is to have the fiber done no later than a week after your slot date.
C&M Acres Fiber MIll is striving to be a full service mill offering a wide array of products made from your fiber.
We are processing most types of fiber: alpaca(suri and huacaya), llama, most wools, angora, cashmere, etc. We can use almost any fiber from your animals to make products.
Using the prime blanket fiber we can make a wide variety of yarn sizes and plys as well as finished in skeins or cones. We can also amp up your yarns with colored filaments as well as dyes.
From your seconds fiber we can make felt, cored yarn, rugs, saddle pads, insoles, etc. Plus we can always make batts and roving for those that want to finished the fiber themselves.
Add Text Here...
Minimum batch weight 2 lbs post wash
Skirting - $25/hour if requested or required to process fiber
Wash - (Incoming weight) $ 4.00 /lb
Dehairing - (optional) (post wash weight) $ 10.00 /lb for two passes (gets rid of guard hair and some vegetable matter)
Needle Felted Batts- (carded, made into batts and felted) $ 20.00 /lb final weight
Cored Yarn - $ 8.00 /lb including core material (different core materials add different amounts of weight to final product)
Carded and core wrapped. Packaged as a large bumb. Bumbs are at 100 yards unless otherwise requested.
Washed Skeins/Balls - $ 2.50 /lb
10% discount for individual batches over 25 lbs
RUG WEAVING: We can weave your cored rug yarn into rugs if you would like us to. We charge $6 per square foot to weave the rugs. We use a large floor loom and like to weave with 4 harnesses so the rug has a more textured look that the typical over/under(tabby weave) you may have seen. Our typical rugs are approx 2' x 3' but we can weave other sizes if interested up to 4 foot wide. We also weave highly textured rugs using our 8 harness loom.
HORSE SADDLE PADS: We can take your fiber, 2nds and 3rds work fine, and make very durable saddle pads for horses. We can weave any size but typical are: Western (30x32) or English (24x38). We make a thick cored yarn from your fiber and weave it into the top part of the pad. We then needle felt a thick felt pad for the bottom. The two are sewn together using a leather sewing machine. The pads use approx 4.5lbs of your fiber are $105 each for basic and $155 fopr deluxe version. Additional cost if we dye the fiber before processing.